We continue today our series on Mother's Day.
I was window shopping at the mall today and noticed that most stores have already put up their Mother's Day specials. From flowers to clothes to dining packages, it's all about mothers in most commercial establishments.
These got me thinking. It's so easy to buy a gift for your Mom at the mall and give it to her on Mother's Day, but do you think it will hold much value to her? If your Mom is like mine, it would probably be not.
You see, my Mom is a practical woman. She doesn't really want to spend on luxuries because she thinks that the money would better be spent on necessities. However, I know she would appreciate it if she would receive a gift on her special day.
Thus the question... what's a cheap but nice gift can you give your Mom on Mother's Day?
Here are some suggestions:
1. A simple hug and kiss is always nice.
2. Wake up before her and make breakfast for the family.
3. Offer to do some of her household chores for the day (or week).
4. Make a personal greeting card.
5. Reprint one of her pictures and have it framed.
6. Give her a foot massage.
7. Take her to one of the many free concerts at the mall on Mother's Day.
8. Rent her favorite movie and watch it with her at home.
9. Invite some of her friends over and organize a small party for her.
10. Send her a sincere text message.
How about you? Any cheap but nice gift ideas for Mother's Day? Please share it through a comment here. Thanks!